Wednesday, August 10, 2011

10K Complete!

I have completed 10K of my marathon goal for the month. Hurrah!

To celebrate, I thought I would share with you a glimpse inside of my head on a typical swimming day.

Lap 1 - COLD! This pool is cold. Why do they keep it so cold?
Lap 2 - Okay, here we go.
Lap 3 -
Lap 4 - This is good for you.
Lap 5 - This is good for you. Seriously. You will look and feel better.
Lap 6 - Seriously? Only lap six? This is going to be a long morning.
Lap 7 -
Lap 8 -
Lap 9 - I think I'll have some oatmeal for breakfast.
Lap 10 - Ten laps! I'm a quarter of the way done. That's great! Only a quarter? I'm a quarter of the way done. That's terrible.
Lap 11 -
Lap 12 - Is this lap eleven or twelve? Probably eleven. Right?
Lap 13 - No that lap was totally twelve.
Lap 14 - Fourteen fortieths, seven twentieths. Seven twentieths? What does that look like?
Lap 15 - Fifteen fortieths, three eighths.
Lap 16 - Sixteen fortieths, four tenths, two fifths.
Lap 17 - I'm thirsty. It's terrible to be thirsty when you are in the water. Yuck.
Lap 18 -
Lap 19 -
Lap 20 - Halfway done.
Lap 21 - Am I getting slower? I feel like I'm getting slower.
Lap 22 -
Lap 23 - Is twenty three a prime number?
Lap 24 - My goggles are steaming. Is it worth it to stop and clean them? No. Probably not.
Lap 25 - *insert song lyrics on repete here*
Lap 26 - Almost three quarters of the way done! (Not really)
Lap 27 -
Lap 28 - Is this lap twenty-eight or twenty-nine? Probably twenty-nine.
Lap 29 - (missing)
Lap 30 - Three quarters of the way done!
Lap 31 - How can my right arm be soar and not my left. Lefty, what are you even doing?
Lap 32 - *song lyrics again*
Lap 33 - I just swam a mile!
Lap 34 -
Lap 35 - Going to focus on just kicking this lap.
Lap 36 - That. Was. Exhausting. Never kick again.
Lap 37 -
Lap 38 - Three.
Lap 39 - Two.
Lap 40 - I am done! Thank goodness! I'm a swimming hero!

Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse inside of my head.

~Claire Out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha I LOVE this. Not only is it so close to how I am in the pool, but it's also amazing to have a glimpse inside your head. This is my favorite post of yours yet! I laughed out loud. :)

kris {life at the table} said...

i too loved this! and i am AMAZED that you swim 40 laps. is it 40 there and back, or 20 there and 20 back? either way, i am super impressed. keep it up!