Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Reci-peas

One of my Christmas gifts I got from my parents this year was the cookbook "Peas and Thank You." It is written by Sarah Mathany who keeps a great food blog of the same name. It is a cook book full of great vegan recipes that look and taste like really good versions of your ol' favorites.

Obviously I'm not going to post up any of these recipes, but I am going to show you some tantalizing pictures.

Asian Salad

I will admit that due to ingredient availability and vegan-ism not being on top of my priorities right now some of these meals were downgraded to vegetarian in the process.

Home made pizza. Mmmm cheese.

I've been enjoying trying these new reci-peas as I attempt to eat a little more healthfully in the new year. So if you are looking for a little inspiration, or something new to inspire healthy eating as New Years Resolutions start to be tested, check into her extensive free recipies on her blog. Her Tofu and Mushroom Lettuce Cups are awesome. Even if you are not wild about Tofu.

~Claire Out.

P.S. Italian is going great. I just finished a mile marker that has me 3/4 of the way through my current program. I'm excited to finish up in the next month or so, and then go back and seriously master all of these concepts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look very delicious! Does your fiancé actually eat tofu? I am so happy he is marrying such a crazy good cook, food is for sure a passion in this blood!
xo