Monday, July 9, 2012

Car Kit

Normally on Monday's I try to post a little home improvement project for you all, but this weekend was all about my car.  My home away from home and my office away from the office, I spend so much time on the road that I figured it was time to show my personal charriot some love.

I am pretty good about giving my car new oil and the right kind of gasoline, but I sometimes neglect to keep it tidy.  This weekend was a chance to make up for that.  I cleaned out all the pockets and cup holders and organized my trunk.  I originally planned to go to a car wash too, but the weekend got away from me.  Soon.

I even revitalized my "earth quake kit" that I keep in my trunk.  I have inherited the tendency to keep an emergency kit in my car from my mother.  It is a practice I've kept up because 1. you don't want to be caught in an actual emergency without it and 2. it comes in handy for non-emergencies all the time.

I have a handy little plastic bin I got from the container store.  In it I keep the following:

Small First Aid Kit
Small Fire Extinguisher
Rags
Rope
Bungy Chords
Jumper Cables
Umbrella
Extra Sunglasses
Plastic Grocery Bags (for muddy or sandy shoes)
Plastic Silverware
Cork Screw
Bottled Water
Spare Shoes / Socks
Spare pair of Glasses

Keeping everything in one bin means that all this stuff doesn't take up too much room in my trunk.  With this box of goodies and a blanket (used often for picnics) I feel prepared for everything from a spontaneous picnic to having to wait out aftershocks of the 'big one'.

Have you showed your car some love lately?  What is one thing that you often wish you had on hand in your car, but your never do?

~Claire Out.







No comments: