Monday, July 30, 2012

Small Changes, New Spaces

Well I've started re-arranging the furniture again.  Probably not for the last time.

It has been weeks since I did a little re-arranging of my three arm chairs in my apartment.  And ever since I've made the change I've been struggling with one wall.  Observe:



My desk looks like a pyramid of junk.  Empty space (junked up with shopping bags a crooked lamp and a printer) next to the front door, then a desk (piled high with MORE stuff) and then mysterious empty space on the other side.  Not to mention that if I wanted to watch a movie from the couch I always have to look to the left.  Less than ideal.  

The thorn in my side wall is unbalanced, cluttered and generally bad.

So I moved the whole thing over.



Now the computer monitors can be comfortably seen from the couch, and (more importantly) it leaves me with one empty space instead of two.

The great thing about one empty space is that I now have enough room to put something new there!  Hurrah.  Check out my blank canvas:



I am pretty sure that I'd like to use the space for something like a little mudroom.  Here are some inspirations I had already hanging out on my various Pinterest boards.  



From here
From here
From here
From here
From here

I think my version will be much more minimalist than the above examples, but my goal is to make a functional, beautiful and inexpensive entry space.  That shouldn't be hard, right?  ...Right?  

~Claire Out.

No comments: