Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

This month I was stuck, yet again, for a (non-food related) overindulgence to curb.

Luckily life clued me in.

My stress free notebook system was no match for the numerous ever changing and complicated things that kept being added to my "To Do List" yesterday. I felt overwhelmed and frustrated. All. Day. Long. Like, on-the-verge-of-crying-tears-of-rage kind of frustrated. It was a bad and stressful day and what did I want more than anything? (Even more than ice cream and a nap, and that's saying something) I wanted to complain.

What's the deal with that instinct? I found myself making phone calls, writing e-mails and even complaining to the room at large about my bad day. (Real mature right?)

Then I went to the premiere party for my job (late, as I had a pile of things to get done) and my mood lightened. Everyone was so nice. They asked how I was, introduced me to loved ones and generally made me grateful to be working with such great people on such a great show.

Then I got that creeping feeling of guilt. Everybody works really hard for the show. Everyone has there stressful days. However, the amazing people that I work with manage to handle these things without complaining. (Which, unsurprisingly makes them a delight to work with.)

So. I'm in. One month (starting today) of keeping my complaints to myself. No whining, no eye rolling and no pity parties allowed. (I think I just heard my boyfriend cheering?)

Hopefully I can train my mind to think more positively and barring that, at least I'll be more fun to be around.

~Claire Out.

P.S. In case you are worried this bottled up emotion is going to backfire, check out my new positive habit I'm adopting this month.

No comments: