Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June So Soon?

It is a new month and then some. It is amazing how quickly time flies.

My month of no stress was quite a success. I wasn't exactly stress free, but I was much more organized, focused and was less easily frazzled. I would call that a big win.

My renewed commitment to gym attendance also went well. I managed to work out three times a week all month long. My first week I stuck with my go to, swimming. Then I received an early birthday gift from a co-worker to join her at Bikram Yoga for a month. Challenge accepted!

Some days are much tougher than others, but overall I feel much stronger, more flexible and more confident in my physical abilities. I've learned to appreciate having a class, instead of just working out solo. One of the teachers reminds us that we should change our bodies for the yoga, not adjust the yoga for our bodies, and I feel my stubborn body is starting to give way. Hurrah for new challenges.

Speaking of which, check out my new challenge to do away with whining this month.

As for my new good habit, this month I'd like to focus a bit more on my creative side. My goal is to write something every day. Either a short journal entry, a blog entry (wink wink), or work on any number of the creative writing projects I have sitting around half finished. No length requirements, no grand expectations, just setting aside some time every day to write.

Bring it on June!

~Claire Out.

No comments: