Sunday, October 23, 2011

Love for Young House Love

On the heels of my vow to unplug, I thought it fitting to talk about one of my favorite places to dwell when I am plugged in: Young House Love.

Young House Love is a home improvement blog run by Sherry and John Petersik. What started out as a blog to share a kitchen re-model with friends and family has turned into a full time job for both Petersiks. They post everything from design tips, to building custom furniture, to gutting an re-building a bathroom.

If you decide to visit you’ll see for yourself why it’s so great, but let me give you a run down of my personal highlights.

1. Young House Love is the best run blog I have ever visited. Hands down. The amount of dedication these two have is mind blowing. They put up two original posts every day, Monday – Friday. Their posts are cross-referenced, searchable and organized so you can find exactly what you want at least three different ways.

2. The content is amazing. Their posts are clear, filled with photographs and so (so) detailed. They walk you through every design choice they make, every penny they save, and step-by-step instructions that even DIY newbies can follow along.

3. Last but not least, they are lovable. Each post is brimming with personality. This couple is funny, nerdy, hard-working , and modest. They are unabashedly, honestly themselves and it is impossible to resist their upbeat, silly, can-do attitude.

At the end of each post I find that I am smiling to myself.

Seriously, check it out.

You’re welcome.

~Claire Out.

No comments: