Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back Again

I find myself on my balcony tonight; two potted birthday plants standing in for a beautiful garden, a scented candle standing in for my outdoor fireplace, the roar of cars on Santa Monica Blvd. in place of the gental lapping of waves on the lake or gurgle of a creek and my single glass of wine standing in for ... several glasses of wine.  And yet, despite the difference between my 'perfect' and my reality, I find myself happy.

It is with that mentality that I return to blogging.  Normally I have this bizar tendency to want to wait until things are perfect.  Tonight, however, I am casting aside my compulsion to wait.  I return to my blog with with full knowledge that I will be embarrassed by these words when I look back on them in the years (or weeks) to come.  I return to you, dear reader, flawed, imperfect, but ready... again... to share.

No comments: