Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Media Austen

Hello readers!  Today is Wednesday, and it is my hope for the future to post a little something every Wednesday about what I've been reading and watching and a sprinkling of my own thoughts on the matter.

To kick things off I wanted to share a fun web-series that I've been following:  The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.  This is a very modern re-imagining of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  The videos are short and sweet and you will be able to catch up with the story so far in just one afternoon.


It is fun to watch if...
A) You are a Jane Austen Fan
B) You are in-the-know about Social Media
C) You enjoy adorable red-heads
          (who are we kidding - obviously you do)
D) All of the above.

I personally answered 'D'.

I am really enjoying seeing how the creators translate the characters and situations into a modern setting.  I'm impressed at how well they are able to make the characters stay true to the novel, but still feel very modern and relatable.  The episodes are funny, snappy and full of delightful little tidbits for huge Austen nerds like myself.   


If you want to check out the show from the beginning ... Click Here.

No comments: