Monday, June 25, 2012

Walking Challenge

It has been a little while since I have actively tackled positive habits, but I feel like this busy week is probably a good time to start.  (New York style, 'If you can make it then, you can make it anytime!')  I thought of many possibilities to get the ball rolling again in terms of positive change.  I decided to go for a change that has positive ramification to both my physical and mental health: walking.

Physical Health Pros:
A relatively low impact cardio work out.
It is something I can do without any training or prep.
I don't need any special equipment, and I can do it anytime, anywhere, for free.

Mental Health Pros:
Time for my mind to wander, reflect, and recover from sensory overload.
I can appreciate the outdoors.  (Even in LA a deep breath of smog filled air and sunshine can be a welcome change from the air conditioned gloom in a windowless office.)
It breaks up the day and brings variety.

All of these positives the ONLY downside I know of is that it takes up time... but doesn't everything?  It seems worth it to at least try to include this as part of my schedule.  So this week, from Monday to Monday - I will be walking every day.  Not necessarily long walks or challenging walks mind you, but walks just the same.  Is anybody with me?

I'll let you know how it all goes down.

~Claire Out.

No comments: