Thursday, September 15, 2011

Travel Part 3


Phase three of my journey was attending the wedding of two great friends of mine. (Click here if you missed phase one or two)

In order to celebrate the marriage of these two great people I got to travel to Montana near Glacier National Park. I had never been to Montana before, and was so thrilled to explore the beautiful new scenery. Mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers and plains as far as the eye can see. I remember thinking again and again, 'There is so much space!'

With the 'cities' spaced so far apart, it didn't take much imagination to be able to picture what the area must have looked like when settlers were wandering by in covered wagons. The landscapes seems so untouched and empty compared with my usual views of LA. It was breathtaking.

The wedding took advantage of the wonderful setting. Every guest at the wedding boarded a beautiful red tour bus that the park has run tours in since the late 1920's. We then were driven an hour through some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever had the pleasure to see. Winding our way up and over the continental divide we had views of the whole valley.

We arrived at the location of the wedding; a tiny patch of space overlooking a bright blue lake. The ceremony was short a sweet. The bride and groom exchanged heartfelt vows they had written, the rings were exchanged, a blessing was said and suddenly my friends were married.

I should probably confess the ceremony passed doubly quick for me because I was snapping photographs furiously, hoping and praying I wouldn't miss anything. You see, I was there as an assistant (to the) photographer, my boyfriend, Mike.

Normally I have a bit of a hard time being in the 'assistant' type of role, preferring to be the one in charge myself. However, I managed to change lenses, set up tri-pods and when times got tough - to actually take some photographs - without (too much) complaining. I think I was able to help out quite a lot, though I will not be quitting my day job just yet.

I had a wonderful time exploring the natural wonders of a new (to me) state, embracing my helpful side, and most of all, seeing my friends pledge to be together and love each other now as a married couple. Congratulations Leah and Chris. I had a wonderful time.

~Claire Out.


No comments: