Monday, August 6, 2012

Entryway Update

In my last home improvement post I talked about how I moved my desk space down the wall, which created a new open space near my front door.  

I had anticipated buying a cheap mantel like piece and having to DIY it into a workable entryway, but fortune smiled on me in the form of the Ikea catalogue.  It arrived in my mailbox on Friday afternoon, and I was in their store by Saturday morning.  There in the pages was exactly what I was looking for; the Grevbäck Hat Rack.  (If I knew how to pronounce it, I sort of think it would rhyme!)


It had everything that I was looking for all pre-made and only $29.99.  This purchase was made possible again by my birthday gift from my grandparents.  (Thank you!)  

So a quick trip to my local Ikea, a few minutes of following semi-simple pictograms, and quickly filling it with my stuff, I give you this:


I am very happy with how it is working out.  It is incredibly functional with cubby holes, hooks and space for hangers.  It also has that great huge mantle sized top to display artwork and various other treasures I've accumulated.  I've also started lining up some wayward shoes against the wall underneath it, which is a great way to keep them from piling up around the apartment.  

What do you guys think of my new entry-way space?

~Claire Out.  

No comments: